Saturday 29 May 2010

Haze

August 2008

So I started making a project I liked in a colour I thought was pretty, and it was only when I came to write it up on Ravelry that I noticed I'd made a Purple Haze...

I love the way that ribbing can make a project seem fitted without any need for shaping, and I think that works very well on this project even if mohair isn't all that good at maintaining elasticity.

This project came out a little on the short side, and I haven't worn it in quite a while, but it's a nice unusual design, and this yarn (which is now discontinued) was good value for money.

Because of all the ribbing, this wasn't the most enjoyable knit ever - the huge collar made it feel like there was a lot of work left to do when by rights it should have been almost finished, but then I'm a horribly impatient creature...

Pattern: Haze from Sublime 601 The Very Gorgeous Sublime Kid Mohair Book
Yarn: Sublime Kid Mohair
Amount: 8 skeins
Colourway: 070 Loganberry
Needles: 4.5mm
Size: 36"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment