Thursday 3 June 2010

Calm

November 2008

I love, love LOVE Kim Hargreaves' Dark House Collection - I think it's probably one of my favourite pattern books ever. I can't really remember which pattern I bought it for (there's usually one which stands out) but here is the first one I actually tacked. It still gets a lot of wear too.

The fact that it's very loosely knit makes this a very quick project, and an easy one too unless you don't like seaming with mohair (and I can understand that). The lace detail around the neckline was something I had never tried before, but it was very simple to pick up.

The bulk of this was knitted on a very pretty pair of Art Viva Oak Straights. I've tried metal needles with mohair, but personally I find them much too slippery to put up with.

Pattern: Calm by Kim Hargreaves from the Dark House Collection
Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Aura
Amount: 6 skeins
Colourway: Bark 759
Needles: 6.00, 7.00mm and 8.00mm
Size: Medium
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment