Tuesday 8 June 2010

Central Park Hoodie

February 2009

Before I really understood about subbing yarns, I had a real hankering to make a Central Park Hoodie. So I did, with Tahki Donegal Tweed all the way from the USA...

This was a very enjoyable project - with a bit of texture to keep it interesting but never getting too taxing. It seemed to come on very quickly too.

One of the cables under the hood accidentally twists the wrong way - I cfwded when I should have cbked - because I was too engrossed in watching Barak Obama's inauguration to pay attention to what I was doing. I decided to leave it there as a memento.

The original pattern had no fastening, but I added a two-way zipper in a matching shade of teal, which I bought online at zipperstop.com.

Pattern: Central Park Hoodie by Heather Londinsky from Interweave Knits Fall 2006
Yarn: Tahki Yarns Donegal Tweed
Amount: 7 skeins
Colourway: 809
Needles: 4.00mm and 5.00mm
Size: 36"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment