Sunday 6 June 2010

Emily

January 2009

I've already mentioned how very much I love Kim Hargreaves Dark House Collection, and with patterns like this it's easy to see why.

This was the first jumper of 2009, the year I decided to participate on ravelry in National Knit a Sweater a Month Dodecathon, and bonkers as it might sound, I found it made my productivity soar.

This sweater has slightly unusual construction, in that the ribbing around the collar is knitted separately and sewn on. I still can't figure out why, and so this wasn't the easiest to follow pattern I'd ever attempted. The finished result is just gorgeous though. You've got to love those puffy sleeves.

Kid classic is an absolutely lovely yarn - very warm and soft, but also very hard-wearing. I've make a couple of projects from it which get a lot of wear, and they have hardly piled at all.

Pattern: Emily by Kim Hargreaves from the Dark House Collection
Yarn: Rowan Kid Classic
Amount: 8 skeins
Colourway: 831 Smoke
Needles: 4.00mm and 4.50mm
Size: Medium
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment