Tuesday 22 June 2010

Fish Hat [Dead or Alive]

July 2009

What a cute, quirky pattern this is. God bless knitty.com and the great work they do :)

It may look like a novelty hat, but it's not just a novelty hat, it's also an exercise in short-row shaping and using double pointed needles, both of which are such useful skills to have that they justify making it on their own.

The short-shaping used up much more grey that I was expecting, and so this had to go into hibernation while I tracked down some more. I don't mind that, though - I quite like the idea of a hibernating fish.

The only real modification I made was to slip the first stitch of every second row of a new colour, to make the stripes jogless.

Pattern: Fish Hat [Dead or Alive] by Thelma Egberts from Knitty Winter 2008
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran
Amount: 2 / 1 / 1 / 1 skeins
Colourway: 009 Grey / 028 Black / 005 Blue-green / 202 Blue
Needles: 5.00mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment