Tuesday 15 June 2010

Francis Revisited

April 2009

Another chunky top-down project, although somehow I managed to make this one much too big around the hips, so it doesn't get too much wear.

It's always a tough call choosing what size to go for when your top-half and your bottom half are different sizes. These days I tend to go for the smaller size and add short row shaping around the bust if needs be because I think it gives a much more flattering fit.

It could be that the slightly acrylicy yarn has just stretched, but I hope not because I think it's rather pretty. This project is now earmarked for recycling into a Textured Tunic come the next cold snap. It seems a shame when it's not at all bad looking in its current incarnation, but it really doesn't get half the wear it deserves because the fit is so dodgy (it's pinned back for the pictures).

I've urged this pattern on non-knitting friends as an excellent starter sweater - to no avail as yet, but I shall persevere...

Pattern: Francis Revisited by Beth Silverstein
Yarn: Sirdar Peru Naturals
Amount: 8 skeins
Colourway: Machu Picchu
Needles: 7.00mm
Size: 37"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment