Thursday 17 June 2010

Gathered Pullover

June 2009 and December 2009

I've made this twice over - the purple one was my sister's Christmas present in 2009, and the blue one is a practice version I made for myself. Well, it's important to get it right when you're knitting for other people...

I want to make it again, though. My little blue one got a lot of wear, but is a bit short, feels slightly felted and a bit too snug now. On ravelry there are some lovely versions in Kid Classic, and I have loads of that stashed, so watch this space.

In both versions I worked a round of 1x1 rib shortly after casting on, to help prevent the bottom hem from rolling up, as stocking stitch likes to do. I also added a lot of length to the purple version, and waist shaping to both.

I should add that the purple one is pinned back to fit me in the pictures, since asking for modelled shots would have spoiled the surprise a bit!

This is a great pattern - the design is ingenious, but it's actually a very straighforward knit, almost mindless at times. Once again, Felted Tweed shows up the cable detail beautifully.

Pattern: Gathered Pullover by Hana Jason from Interweave Knits Winter 2007
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed
Amount: 6 / 7 skeins
Colourway: 170 Seafarer (blue) / 151 Bilberry (purple)
Needles: 4.00mm and 4.50mm
Size: 36.5" / 40.5"
On ravelry: here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment