Saturday 12 June 2010

Irish Hiking Scarf

March 2009

This was an excellent way of using up the yarn I had left over from making my Central Park Hoodie and luckily for me, a friend of mine was looking for a teal coloured scarf anyway...

The yarn I used for this pattern was so chunky that I thought it would be too wide if I followed the pattern as written and included three cables. I don't usually like scarves to be more than about 5.5" wide, and so with that in mind, I kept it down to two cables instead, which made it about 4.5" wide.

Most the cables were worked without a cable needle, which made it a much quicker project. It's a useful skill to have.

Pattern: Irish Hiking Scarf by Adrian Bizilia
Yarn: Tahki Yarns Donegal Tweed
Amount: 1.5 skeins
Colourway: 809
Needles: 5.00mm
Size: n/a
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment