Friday 18 June 2010

Jasmine

June 2009

Because a true fanatic doesn't let a little thing like warm weather get in the way of the knitting...

Knitting with cotton is a bit different from knitting with wool - it's not going to felt, or pile or anything like that, but it will probably split. A lot. It requires a great deal of patience, and being my first cotton project I was unprepared, and lost my tempter with Jasmine pretty badly once or twice.

I couldn't quite get gauge with this yarn, so I went down a size to make up for the fact that I was knitting slightly loosely. Bit of a hit-and-miss approach, fit wise, but it seemed to work out alright.

These pictures were taken on holiday in Tuscany, Italy as that was where I finished this project off.

Pattern: Jasmine by Kim Hargreaves from Nectar
Yarn: Rowan Fine Milk Cotton
Amount: 6 skeins
Colourway: 488 Scented Satin
Needles: 2.25mm and 2.75mm
Size: XS
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment