Friday 11 June 2010

Lacy Stripe Sweater

March 2009

Back in the days when I knitted this I was so committed to the notion of working on one project at a time that I took this pure wool long sleeved sweater on holiday with me to Mexico to work on. Obviously it felt a little bit out of place, but it's great to be able to associate a finished object with a time and place like that, especially since I got engaged on that holiday!

This pattern was simple and straightforward to follow, and the yarn cost less than £25.00, which is something of a bargain. I think there was a slight mistake in the pattern, when it came to dividing the neckline, but it was easily spotted and remedied (details are on my ravelry project page).

This pattern relies on the fact that has vertical ribbing for shaping, which means no increasing or decreasing to worry about until you get to the armholes, making for some joyfully mindless knitting.

Pattern: Lacy Stripe Sweater from Twilleys 454 Freedom Wool Accessories
Yarn: Twilleys of Stamford Freedom Spirit
Amount: 9 skeins
Colourway: Air
Needles: 4.00mm
Size: 36"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment