Saturday 5 June 2010

The Mystery of Marie Roger

November 2008

Who could resist a pattern with a name like this? It comes from the name of an Edgar Allen Poe story, I think...

I'd originally bought some Noro Blossom for Jane Ellison's Eloise but having had the good fortune to see a sample of that pattern knitted up at Bobbins in Whitby, I had a rethink, and this is the result. Having searched ravelry to see what other people had used their Blossom for, I spotted this (and also Lovislund, but that's another story).

My first attempt at a lacy pattern, and a great easy one to start with. I added a fringe to this in a mad rush when I should have been on my way out to meet my parents for lunch, and there's nothing like a bit of hurried rainbow colour fringing to make a person feel like a fop and a dandy...

Pattern: The Mystery of Marie Roger by Denise Dalton
Yarn: Noro Blossom
Amount: 3 skeins
Colourway: 17
Needles: 6.00mm
Size: n/a
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment