Monday 28 June 2010

Opulent Raglan

September 2009

This is another project which owes a lot to ravelry.com. I'm a member of a group which in 2009 was called 'National Knit a Sweater a Month Dodecathon 2009', and it's a great way of discovering new patterns which you might not otherwise have come across. This was one of them.

I messed up the shaping a little bit - starting it where the pattern suggested meant the waist was much too high up on me, on account of my larger-than-average bust. However, since this is a top-down seamless project, which I could (and should) have tried on as I went, it's entirely my fault.

I used a locally produced yarn for this - the Wensleydale Longwool Sheepshop's Aran. It's slightly scratchy, but looks very pretty and is great value for money if you ever happen to be in Wensleydale...

Pattern: Opulent Raglan by Wendy Bernard from Knitscene Fall 2008
Yarn: Wensleydale Longwool Sheepshop Aran
Amount: 5 skeins
Colourway: 154 731
Needles: 4.00mm
Size: 34"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment