Wednesday 23 June 2010

Titania

September 2009

This was a real breakthrough project for me - I spent the whole time I was working on it wondering when the heck I had suddenly developed this ability to work lace.

I love the lacy bits, but I did think this pattern was slightly unimaginative, in that because the lace is around the hip and waistline, the issue of shaping is side-stepped altogether, and there just isn't any. At all. Seems a pity to me, although worn with slightly less positive ease than I wear it, it's not an unflattering sweater.
This yarn has now been discontinued, which means that most yarn stores which have any left in stock are selling it off very cheaply. As a result, this sweater cost a total of £16.92, which is great value for money.

I made this using circular Addi Lace Turbos, which are the absolute rolls-royce of needles. I wanted to give myself the best possible opportunity of getting the lace right, and it worked - no ripping back, tinking or frogging required.

Pattern: Titania from Sublime 609, The Even More Gorgeous Sublime Kid Mohair Book
Yarn: Sublime Kid Mohair
Amount: 8 skeins
Colourway: 070 Loganberry
Needles: 5.00mm
Size: 36/38"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment