Thursday 15 July 2010

Baby Owlet

May 2010

There is an adult version of this sweater, which I had been wanting to make this ever since it first came out, but I was always worried that it wouldn't suit me. I was delighted when the child's version was published, especially since I know one little boy whose love of owls is eclipsed only by that of his parents.

This was his christening present, and made in a bit of a hurry in under a week. Despite the fact that I was working to a deadline it was still a fun project, although I did find joining the sleeves to the body a bit tough.

The buttons came from Duttons for Buttons in York.

Pattern: Baby Owlet by Kate Davies
Yarn: Rowan Pure Wool Aran
Amount: 2 skeins
Colourway: 003 Anthracite
Needles: 4.50mm
Size: 24 - 36 months
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment