Wednesday 14 July 2010

Clapotis

May 2010

Yes, it piles almost immediately.

Yes, unravelling all those dropped stitches is a bit of a pain.

Yes, the yarn is expensive and almost half a skein of it was left over.

But come on - this is still stone cold genius.

It took the shop I ordered this yarn from about 10 months to get in back in stock (not that I really mind about that, because they were great at keeping me informed). Now that this is done, I think it was definitely worth the wait.

I have no tips for anyone considering making this pattern other than don't walk to it, run.

Pattern: Clapotis by Kate Gilbert from Knitty Fall 2004
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb Multi
Amount: 4 skeins
Colourway: Black Purl
Needles: 4.50mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment