Monday 12 July 2010

Haru

April 2010

Good mindless fun to knit up, but horrible to finish, due to all the seaming and the yarn being a bit splitty. I've promised myself a couple of seamless projects after this one to make up for it.

Also, and I'm not sure how I did this, but that neckline. Much too low. I'm not necessarily opposed to flashing a bit of cleavage now and again, but I don't want my bra to be on display. This is down to something I did wrong and not the pattern, since the neckline in the pictures seems much more modest. One day I will work up the motivation to fix it...

I've had a couple of queries since I put this on Ravelry, so it might help to answer them here too:

1. I went down a size to make up for the fact that Bamboo tends to grow. This worked out fine, because the fit is partially determined by how far up into the armholes you join the two side seams, and if you were running low on room, you would easily be able to tweak it.

2. Bamboo Tape appears to stiffen and felt slightly when it's wet, but once it's dry the drape does come back. I'd suggest making a swatch, measuring it, handwashing and drying it and then measuring it again to get an idea of how this yarn behaves.


Pattern: Haru by Marie Wallin from The Bamboo Tape Collection
Yarn: Rowan Bamboo Tape
Amount: 11 skeins
Colourway: 702 Sherbert
Needles: 4.50mm
Size: Smallest
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment