Thursday 8 July 2010

In the Woods

March 2010

I got married in Northern England at Easter 2010, and so it probably goes without saying that I needed something warm to wrap up in.

In the Woods was born of that, and it felt like a real coming of age project, because I'd never attempted something so ambitious before.

I chose red, rather than a more traditional bridal colour, because that was the colour of the flowers, and I quite liked the idea of having a touch of the vamp about me on my wedding day. I don't normally like to be the centre of attention, but my attitude to this was, if they're going to be looking anyway, give them something to look at...

It took a lot of patience and commitment, but it was a joy to make and fabulous to wear.

Pattern: In the Woods by Laura Patterson from Patternfish.com
Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze
Amount: 5 skeins
Colourway: Liqueur
Needles: 3.50mm
Size: n/a
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment