Sunday 11 July 2010

Joy

March 2010

This was the pattern I bought Nectar for, although it took me some time to get around to making it. It's a tremendously useful summer piece, very flattering and I seem to get more compliments on it than almost anything else I've made.

The denim bled a lot, and there was masses of finishing off, but it's great to know I'll be able to wear it to death without it deteriorating, because denim is so hard wearing.

Once again, I found cotton to be a bit less forgiving than the wool based yarns I've used. It doesn't seem to stretch in the same way, and any mistakes seem to show up more obviously than they otherwise would. Still, being able to wear handmade knits all year round makes all that worth putting up with, in my opinion.

Pattern: Joy by Kim Hargreaves from Nectar
Yarn: Rowan Denim
Amount: 11 skeins
Colourway: 225 Nashville
Needles: 3.25mm and 3.75mm
Size: 36"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment