Tuesday 6 July 2010

Rose Red

December 2009

It turns out that Felted Tweed is a great yarn choice for this pattern, since (apart from showing texture beautifully) the medium size leaves you with literally a couple of yards to spare, and there's something very satisfying about that.

This was a last minute Christmas present which I ended up keeping because I liked it so much (and because the intended recipient decided she would like a knitting bag, before she knew I had this OTN).

Still, it was no great hardship to have a lovely red beret to keep me warm through the horribly cold winter of 2009 - 2010.

Gorgeous design, and the pattern could not be more clearly written or fun to follow. Ysolda Teague is amazing, and the only reason I haven't made more of her stuff is that I'm not sure how flattering her sweaters are for top-heavy girls, since a lot of them seem to be based around the inverted-v style. I must make a note to look into it...

Pattern: Rose Red by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed
Amount: 1 skein
Colourway: 150 Rage
Needles: 4.00mm
Size: Medium
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment