Saturday 17 July 2010

We Call them Pirates Colour Pattern Practice Hat

May 2010

In amongst all the knitting kit I've accumulated through the years is a dvd of Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop. I'm a huge fan of hers and it's a real joy to watch. And when Elizabeth Zimmermann tells you to make a cap for your homework, you make a cap.

I've been meaning to learn left-handed knitting for a while now, and when I realised that this stranded style of knitting required you to hold a colour in each hand, I finally knuckled down to it.

For many years I'd been telling myself that there weren't many stranded style patterns which appealed to me. Adrian Bizilia's We Call the Pirates thankfully made me snap out of that.

Pattern: Improvised, based on Elizabeth Zimmermann's Colour Pattern Practice Hat, Evelyn Skae's Adrian's Skull Cap and Adrian Bizilia's We Call the Pirates
Yarn: Rowan Pure Wool Aran (MC) and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran (CC)
Amount: Less than one skein of each
Colourway: 684 Charcoal / 009 Gray
Needles: 4.50mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment