Monday 19 July 2010

Wisp

June 2010

I wish I'd been aware of this pattern when I first started to experiment with lace. It would have been a perfect first lace project because the pattern is very simple, but the end result looks great. I've done one or two more complex lace shawls now, and with this one I did start to find it slow-going before I got to the end.

I added quite a lot of width and length (I worked 25 panel repeats over 86 stitches rather than 15 over 46).

These pictures were taken after it had been handwashed and blocked using blocking wires, which really helped the lace to open up.

This is my third project using Sublime Kid Mohair after Titania and Rosebud and I've found it a little bit prone to growing previously. Hopefully that is less of an issue with a shawl than it would be with a sweater.

Pattern: Wisp by Cheryl Niamath from Knitty Summer 2007
Yarn: Sublime Kid Mohair
Amount: 6.5 skeins
Colourway: Pistachio 22
Needles: 5.00mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment