Sunday 31 October 2010

Roosevelt

October 2010

My first foray into the exciting world of test-knitting is this gorgeous little bear. I thought he was cute before I discovered he was called Roosevelt, and now he's irresistible.


I've had problems in the past with stuffing showing through and even though I was knitting at the right gauge this time (test knitting makes you fastidious about these things, even where teddies are concerned) it was a worry because the yarn I used was such a dark shade of brown.


In the end I managed to buy some black stuffing via ebay, which is brilliant stuff. and the whole kaboodle is machine washable too, just as bears should be.



Pattern: Roosevelt by Studio Marlowe (test knit)
Yarn: Schachenmayr Nomotta Regia Uni (MC) / Debbie Bliss Rialto 4-ply (CC)
Amount: Less than 1 skein of each
Colourway: 1225 Brown and 213 Cream
Needles: 2.75mm
Size: About 12"
On ravelry: here

1 comment:

  1. A Great Bear, just like the constellation. Well, probably more cuddly than the constellation.

    ReplyDelete