Sunday 24 October 2010

Woodland shawl


October 2010

This gorgeous yarn was brought back from a trip to Estonia by my Mum.


I'm not sure what she had in mind when she bought it, but with a yardage of just over 1,000 per skein, I didn't think one skein was going to stretch to a sweater. Looking through ravelry to see what other people had used it for, I came across a gorgeous freebie shawl pattern.

I blitzed through this in a fortnight, because I got so hooked on watching the colours run into each other. It's a reasonably simple pattern, as lace goes.

There were no modifications to speak of with this one. The pattern suggested 12 panel repeats, but I didn't keep track - I just carried on until it felt like a reasonable length.

(The leaves look a bit uneven in the last picture, because it was taken before blocking - they smoothed out beautifully in the end...)

Pattern: Woodland Shawl by Nikol Lohr from thriftyknitter.com
Yarn: Aade Lông Artistic 8/2
Amount: Less than 1 skein
Colourway: Rainbow
Needles: 3.50mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment