Saturday 18 December 2010

Joy mark II

December 2010

I really don't have very much to say about this one, because I've made it once before not too long ago, and I only made it again because mine was coveted by my mother in law. Making her one for Christmas seemed the decent thing to do.

I did have a struggle getting the sleeve caps to fit properly, and ended up ripping them back and making them a lot shallower, which seemed to help. I vaguely recall having a similar problem the first time around, but maybe it's just me.

I really liked this yarn - Wendy Supreme Luxury Cotton dk. It was much less splitty and more forgiving than a lot of the Rowan cottons I've used, despite being better value for money. It has great yardage too.


My husband's contribution was to choose the buttons. I didn't want to completely take over his mother's Christmas present!

Pattern: Joy by Kim Hargreaves from Nectar
Yarn: Wendy Supreme Luxury Cotton dk
Amount: 5 skeins
Colourway: 1828
Needles: 3.25mm and 4.00mm
Size: 36"
On ravelry: here

1 comment: