Sunday 30 January 2011

Some Cloudy Day

January 2011

I found out just a little bit too late that my Aunt wanted a pair of legwarmers for Christmas. Luckily for me, her birthday is in January!

This shade of felted tweed, Paisley, was created by the legendary Kim Hargreaves, and I originally purchased it so that I could make Ginny for myself but - and this is the one real danger with online shopping - the colour wasn't quite what I was expecting, and so it never happened. I had a truer darker red in mind, but this is more of a salmony-pinky shade.

It's a lovely shade to bring a bit of warmth to those chilly months when legwarmers get worn, though, and Some Cloudy Day is a charming, simple little pattern. I did toy with the idea of making the ribbed section at the top a little shorter, but they fell down too easily like that, and so I re-did them. I should have seen that one coming, really.

Pattern: Some Cloudy Day by Tiny Owl Knits
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed
Amount: 2 skeins
Colourway: Paisley
Needles: 2.75mm and 3.25mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment