Wednesday 8 June 2011

Baby Berry Hats

May/June 2011

Last summer my favourite LYS, Ramshambles, was running a special offer which meant that anyone spending over £10.00 got a free magazine. Not one to let that sort of enabling behaviour pass me by, I grabbed a skein of purple Debbie Bliss Rialto, without any clear idea of what I was going to do with it. Then I remembered this hat, which is one of the first things I ever queued on ravelry, many moons ago.

I'm not sure what sort of berry this is supposed to be, exactly, but it's cute as hell anyway. I cast on the first hat on leaving home for a short holiday in Paris, and by the time I got there it was finished. So I made another one on the way back with the leftovers!

This is a lovely easy pattern - as long as you're okay with i-cord and DPNs, the only slightly tricky part is getting your colourwork to look tidy when you have to carry your floats for seven stitches.


Yarn: Debbie Bliss Rialto (MC) / Sirdar Snuggly DK (CC)
Amount: Less than one skein of each
Colourway: 23028 Grape (MC) / 0260 Country Lime (CC)
Needles: 3.50 mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment