Tuesday 7 June 2011

Baby Bobbi Bear

May 2011

A little while ago one of my husband's colleagues gave me a bag of various chunky yarns which she couldn't use, including some Courtelle Chunky by Wendy. It looked like a very suitable colour for a teddy to me, and so I decided to make this pattern again. My first attempt at it is here.

This is a very quick and easy little pattern, with mercifully little finishing - it's basically seamless apart from the ears needing to be sewn on because they are made separately.

No mods, except that I made the body on a short circular needle rather than DPNs. I also skipped duplicate stitching around the neck and opted instead for a rather dapper scarf (made in sideways garter stitch using Twilley’s Freedom Spirit).

I found the instructions for the section labelled “Butt” a bit confusing, but that was my fault for not reading through the pattern properly because if I had, I would have realised that “sk” meant “skip”.


Yarn: Wendy Classics Courtelle Chunky
Amount: 3.5 skeins
Colourway: 3022
Needles: 5.00mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment