Tuesday 13 September 2011

Liesl

August 2011

Another thing for me... well it can't ALL be about baby, now can it?

Some time ago I made Chantal, but it didn't get nearly as much wear as it deserved (particularly considering the price Berroco yarns retail for in the UK), and so it was frogged and turned into Buttercup and this:


A fun and easy pattern which is going to be useful post pregnancy too - in fact I think I probably made a smallish size in the hope that it would incentivise me to get back into shape as quickly as possible. The open front on this leaves plenty of bump-room, though, and that was part of its appeal.


The feather and fan lace comes with a bit of a health warning, in that I found that it grew a lot more than I'd anticipated when I blocked it - so much so that the only solution was to rip back and take some inches off the length. I wish I'd been a bit more thorough and played around with my tension swatch before I started. So much for being able to fit top-down knits as you go!

This pattern includes long sleeve and short sleeve and wide neck and narrow neck options. I went for wide neck and long sleeve (because I can't see much point making anything short sleeved in Alpaca). There was also a picot cast-off option for the sleeves but I like the wavy line you get by just using a knitted cast off with feather and fan.

This is me at 7.5 months, more or less living in Seraphine maternity jeans. :)

Pattern: Liesl by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca
Amount: 2.5 skeins
Colourway: 6212
Needles: 8.00mm
Size: 34"
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment