Saturday 3 November 2012

Lotus Baby Blanket

March 2012

I've been really dreadful at keeping my blog up to date for a good few months now, and I'm determined to make amends, so this is the first in what will hopefully be a flurry of posts about rather old projects. The last post I made was about a cardigan which has now been outgrown, and that's is a shocking state of affairs.

Anyway, back from the days when the baby stayed where he was put, this blanket he is modelling was a present for a little girl called Rosa to celebrate her naming day. I was rather pleased to find something with a flower-like pattern, because it seemed appropriate.



This is worked from the centre outwards. I used DPNS and circular needles rather than magic loop as suggested. When I got to near to the end I was running very short on time, and so I modified the blanket edging by working it in garter stitch, rather than seed stitch (which is a lot more time consuming). I thought it was just as decorative and just as effective at preventing the blanket from curling up on itself.



I really liked Breeze dk - it's lovely and soft and lightweight and it didn't show up my mistakes a much as some other cotton yarns seem to. Sadly it's been discontinued, and I only discovered it through a ravelry trade.

Pattern: Lotus Baby Blanket by Shana Kreikmeier
Yarn: Sirdar Breeze dk
Amount: 2 skeins
Colourway: 065 Apple Green
Needle: 4.00mm
Size: One size
On ravelry: here

No comments:

Post a Comment